Devils On Horseback Recipe
We’re teamed up with Chef Kristin Johnson to help you score big points with your friends with a tasty appetizer that doesn’t take long to make so you can enjoy the game and your friends.
- 4-6 oz thinly sliced prosciutto or bacon
- 1 cup of dried dates or figs or apricots or cherries
- ½ – ¾ cup of fillings: blue cheese, brie, almonds, hazelnuts (try other nuts and cheeses for fun flavor combos!)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice prosciutto in 1-1 ½ inch strips (typically cut lengthwise in half). Then slice dried fruit lengthwise in half, leaving one side in tact (creating a “bun”).
- Stuff each piece of fruit with a piece of cheese and nut, then wrap with one strip of prosciutto, secure with a toothpick, repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place on an oven safe dish and bake for approximately 10 minutes, until prosciutto is crisp and tucked tightly around the fruit. Serve warm!
Tip: You can make these ahead of time, and refrigerate until you’re ready to cook them.
Pairs with: Cabernet Sauvignon