Kristin from Martilla’s Kitchen and I show you how to make a perfect sweet treat for your sweetheart. Happy ValenWINEs Day!
Chocolate Cherry Pots de Creme Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 egg yokes
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 vanilla bean – split, seeded
- ½ – ¾ cup Chukar Cherries Jubilee/Sour Cherry Pie Filling/Dried Tart Cherries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bring cream, vanilla bean, and cocoa powder to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate until smooth. Set aside for later.
- In a large bowl, whisk yolks and sugars together. Gradually add in creamy chocolate mixture to eggs, without cooking them. Strain mixture into a pitcher.
- Grease 4-6 ramekins and evenly distribute the Cherries Jubilee between them. Then gently pour custard into ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a water bath and into oven. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until centers are jiggly, but not runny. Remove from oven and let stand for 2-3 hours before serving. Can be refrigerated ahead of time!
Pairs with: 2013 Reserve